Jewish Community Center Art Director in Los Gatos, California
The Addison-Penzak JCC is a non-profit agency serving the South Bay since 1984. Members, guests, and staff are as diverse as the area in which we live and the whole community and visitors are welcomed with joy. We support wellness, recreation, and education at our 20,000 sq. ft. fitness center, aquatics center, day camps, preschool, older adult programs, and through numerous youth and adult enrichment and Jewish Life programs.
**The Addison-Penzak JCC is a non-profit agency serving the South Bay since 1984. Members, guests, and staff are as diverse as the area in which we live and the whole community and visitors are welcomed with joy. We support wellness, recreation, and education at our 20,000 sq. ft. fitness center, aquatics center, day camps, preschool, older adult programs, and through numerous youth and adult enrichment and Jewish Life programs.
The Art Director will help lead the vision and execution of the agency's visual voice, articulating our mission and values across digital and traditional marketing channels. This role is responsible for creating and producing communications that engage members and bring new members and guests to the Addison-Penzak JCC. This includes brainstorming, conceptualizing, designing and producing on-brand visuals for print and digital contributing to the overall agency's creative strategy. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic to work for a community-based, mission-driven non-profit where we can see the results of our efforts daily. Must be a self-starter who is able to prioritize the workload effectively, as well as demonstrate the ability to work under pressure without compromising creativity or accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and produce graphic print communications for various projects and initiatives including but not limited to web, social media, online advertising, email, magazines, large-scale signage and visuals, brochures, invitations, direct mail, flyers, and more.
- Film and edit short videos (typically 60 seconds or less) to post on social media.
- Evaluate creative content and copy, ensuring information and message are on-target and consistent with the marketing direction and objectives. Ability to edit copy as needed to enhance effectiveness and meet business objectives.
- Evaluate finished products for color consistency, photo appropriateness and quality, print and digital quality, content value, and suggest improvements as needed.
- Conceptualize creative and cost-effective graphic design solutions for a variety of promotional and marketing campaigns.
- Advanced understanding of typography, color usage, branding, photo styling and selection, and design style usage.
- Apply and advance established brand identity and related creative directions, ensuring consistency with brand positioning and marketing messages across multiple channels.
- Establish and document a brand design style guide for internal design continuity.
- Work efficiently, effectively and independently to complete assignments in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing tasks and demands, tight deadlines, unexpected delays, revisions, ad hoc requests, and changing priorities.
- Work collaboratively with agency staff members/teams to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere, and maintain collaboratively professional working relationships with clients, vendors, and networks.
THE PERFECT FIT
- You have a passion for great design and are looking for opportunities to innovate.
- You enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, working collaboratively with others, and are obsessive with details.
- You have an excellent understanding and usage of Adobe Creative Suite.
- You approach your projects with a sense of excitement and urgency.
- You are passionate about our mission to serve the community.
- You aren't afraid to think big, and develop ways to make the big ideas happen within budget and time constraints.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related area.
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years of real work experience in graphic design (must provide a portfolio link showing breadth of work).
- Passion for design and technology, with an eye for and focus on details.
- Strong knowledge of brand and creative processes and digital best practices in design and communication.
- Expert skills on Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word Based programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with creating digital ads, both static and interactive (video or animation).
- Experience with animated or motion graphics for in-house video production and use of Premiere and After Effects.
- Experience creating web graphics and beautiful online experiences.
- Familiarity with UX/UI design.
- Excellent time and project management skills and ability to deliver in a deadline-driven environment. Must be able to work independently and follow through on assigned tasks with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Extremely detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Thorough knowledge of pre-press processes and print production, as well as all aspects of digital design.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: able to take and give direction and to ask illuminating questions in order to get the job done very well and on time.
- Desire to professionally evolve -- ability and willingness to participate in ongoing professional development activities in order to stay current and grow within new developments in the field and to enhance and evolve your skills
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Community Center and office environment
- Ability to sit and work at computer for long periods of time
- Ability to lift/carry 25 lbs.
- Work Schedule is based on Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, occasionally working weekends and evenings as business and events dictate. This position is contingent upon the completion and cleared background check of a fingerprint and*_Livescan assessment._*
Date Posted: 07/21/2017
Title: Art Director
JCC: Addison-Penzak JCC of Silicon Valley
Location: Los Gatos, CA