Google Commodity Manager, Memory in Mountain View, California
Commodity Managers work with Engineering teams to make sure Google has the supplies and equipment to put into production the innovative products coming from our Engineering teams. As a Commodity Manager, you use your wide industry knowledge and strategic supplier relationships to optimize our total cost of ownership for our global -- and growing -- infrastructure. The scale at which Google operates means that savings on just one piece of hardware can have a huge impact on Google's bottom line.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop and execute commodity strategies.
- Lead cross-functional teams through supplier selection.
- Manage relationships with supplier executives.
- Maintain high level of industry expertise and supplier/market conditions.
- Implement supply chain improvements.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in technology industry including procurement or supply chain management experience.
- MS/MBA in a technical field.
- 10 years of industry experience.
- Experience in a leadership or management role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and supply chain processes.
- Knowledge of management of memory devices such as Flash, SSD, DRAM, etc.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.