CBRE Data Center Mechanical Commissioning Engineer in Mountain View, California
Data Center Mechanical Commissioning Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States at https://cbre.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/23915/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Requisition # 16031475
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is not an IT-type job, but more akin to those have construction quality control and mechanical /electrical project commissioning experience for large data centers and other mission critical facilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Direct involvement in data center construction commissioning, or similar construction quality control monitoring for data centers or other critical environments.
• As the Data Center Mechanical Project Manager you will work with the Owners Representative: Lead overall Cx execution strategy for Owner & scope decisions for enterprise data center construction projects in multiple geographic regions concurrently.
•Strongly preference to candidates with direct data center project experience writing Level 1 – 5 commissioning test scripts.
• Lead/direct development & update of Cx standards (process, testing, tools, etc)
• Put processes in place for Owner to ensure technical consistency & documentation of Cx program
• On behalf of Owner, ensure proper implementation of Cx strategy/execution at site level
• Familiarity with General Construction and MEP works QA/QC Standards, and has the ability to lead/direct development & update of QA/QC Standards (process, metrics, tools, etc)
Tasks and responsibilities may include:
• Manage technical escalations on testing scope & issues from project level, provide direction
• Represent Cx in all of corporate Owner’s program initiatives & meetings
• Ensure that Owner’s Regional FM & Owner’s Construction Project leadership buy-in of Cx & program roadmap and direction, resource requirements
• Work with Project Controls on to evaluate and control major financial risks that arise within the program and on project sites.
• Manage Owner’s vendor partner selection & relationships
• Gain management approvals for project execution strategy, budget
• Put processes in place to ensure technical consistency & documentation of Cx program
• Manage Cx reporting & dashboards, develop/maintain metrics
•Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or Facilities Management
• Direct experience with commissioning of mechanical / electrical / process piping programs and also managing the construction turnover to operations of critical environments.
• Ability to drive leadership, broad adoption, and ensure compliance of enterprise-wide Construction Quality Programs within a large corporate construction & facilities organization.
• Minimum 5 years direct experience in MEP infrastructure & general construction commissioning of large critical environments: i.e. – data centers, clean rooms, semiconductor fabs, critical hospital operating rooms, and other “zero downtime” critical facilities
• End-to-end, hands-on experience with Data Center Construction and data center facilities operations.
• Bachelors Degree in either: Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or Facilities Management or equivalent.
With access to top-tier market intelligence, planning, local site selection and asset strategies, our Global Workplace Services offering includes Enterprise Facilities Management (EFM), Project Management (PJM), Advisory & Transaction Services (A&T), and Management Consulting. We offer end-to-end expertise across all workplace types, scalable delivery, a commitment to world-class safety and ongoing innovations in building efficiencies, energy conservation and CRE technology.
US Company Profile
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit CBRE.com.
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE Limited is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes and encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, family status, gender identity or expression, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates at any time. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact CBRE Human Resources at email@example.com mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone1-866-388-4346.
As a leader in real estate services, CBRE's professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. Visit www.cbre.ca