Google Design Lead, Experience Studio, Google Technical Services in Mountain View, California
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Los Angeles, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA
The Google Technical Services Business and Outsourcing Strategy and Services team develops practical and innovative ways to address some of the most complex business challenges to keep Google thriving. We anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of our key clients, and understand how our range of product and service offerings can enable their business success. We also lead the global vendor strategy across all organizations, manage business risks, ensure we have great contracts and deliver amazing client experiences for Google’s top customers and partners. Using influencing and relationship-building skills, we provide Google-caliber client service, legal guidance, research, and market analysis.
The Experience Studio team is responsible for designing and building customer facing spaces at Google. We're a team of designers, producers, engineers, and business thinkers whose mission is to inspire Google’s customers through the interactive spaces that we create. Our job is to design and deliver engaging physical experiences that tell Google’s story, make Google’s magic more apparent, and communicate Google’s unique ability to grow customers’ businesses into the digital age and shepherd their brands into the future.
As a Design Lead, you will deliver an outstanding experience for visitors, by bringing expertise in interaction design, physical/operational facility design, and architecture for storytelling. You are experienced in building stakeholder relationships, and have managed complex projects. You'll collaborate with other Google teams, and creative/interactive firms to design, prototype, and develop highly interactive spaces and exhibits.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Work with local center teams to identify business objectives. Gather business requirements and into creative vision; advise on interactive exhibit options and assess effectiveness of technology interactions.
- Develop visitor experience design documents, partner with technical colleagues and vendors to incorporate needed capabilities into product roadmaps.
- Evaluate and hire design and creative/interactive vendors, communicate business objectives, provide or acquire creative specifications, manage communication with vendors, and direct and approve creative aspects of vendor work.
- Manage development and management of integrated work plans for facility design/build. Partner with cross-functional stakeholders and vendors to develop and implement work plans.
- Stay current on Google technologies and product plans, build relationships with teams across Google, and identify opportunities for collaboration in sourcing and developing new exhibits. Travel to centers as required.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Entertainment Technology, or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of industry experience in developing public-facing interactive applications and/or exhibits; working with construction/facilities, scenic design and fabrication, hardware/AV design and development.
- Experience working with interaction design, user/location-based experience design and evaluation.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Experience in visual art/design and proficiency with prototyping tools and technologies (e.g. HTML/CSS/WebGL, Sketching, Balsamiq mockups, Fireworks/Adobe CS, Unity/3D or similar tools).
- Experience using Google products and technologies.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and new products; exhibit project management, consultation, with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.