Google Front End Software Engineer, Surgical Analytics, Verily Life Sciences in Mountain View, California
Verily Life Sciences is focused on shifting health care from a reactive, undifferentiated approach to a proactive, targeted approach by transforming the detection, prevention, management and even our basic understanding of disease.
Verily, Alphabet's Life Science company, is working with Johnson & Johnson to change the practice of surgery. Together we have started a joint project: Verb Surgical. The key to this project is the software that runs the robot, connects the surgeon, and enables all of the advanced techniques and capabilities that we imagine. This project spans System Software, Visualization, User Experience, Image Processing, Data Analysis, and Surgical Collaboration.
The Verily Life Sciences team is focused on helping to move healthcare from reactive to proactive. Combining expertise from the fields of biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, electrical engineering, computer science, we’re developing new technology tools for physicians that can integrate easily into daily life and help transform the detection, prevention, and management of disease. Current projects in development include a smart contact lens with miniaturized glucose sensor; a nanodiagnostics platform to help with early detection of disease; and Liftware utensils for people with tremor. For more information, please see our website.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Design, implement and launch highly visible, partner and end user-facing features.
- Design and develop large scale web applications.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in web application development
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience in healthcare or medical devices.
- Significant experience developing user-facing software.
- Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, Polymer, Closure or Backbone.
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.