Google Outreach Specialist, User Advocacy, Trust and Safety in Mountain View, California
Google's brand is only as strong as our users' trust--and their steadfast belief that our guiding principles are what's best for them. Our Trust and Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Google's users by ensuring online safety by fighting web abuse and fraud across Google products like Search, Maps, AdWords and AdSense. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic leader. You understand the user's point of view and are passionate about using your combined technical, sales and customer service acumen to protect our users. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google developers and Product Managers to navigate challenging online safety situations and handle abuse and fraud cases at Google speed (read: fast!). Help us prove that quality on the Internet trumps all.
In this role, you will lead outreach efforts to educate users on online safety and digital citizenship, collaborating with teams to incubate innovative education projects. You are a strategic leader who possesses the ability to work globally and cross-functionally with several internal and external stakeholders through effective relationship building, influence, and communication skills. You are an ambassador for Google and our users, committed to building a safer internet for everybody.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google's integrity by fighting spam, fraud and abuse, and develop and communicate state-of-the-art product policies. The Trust and Safety team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more than 40 languages and across Google's expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales Engineering to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry-wide solutions. Trust and Safety team members are motivated to find innovative solutions, and use technical know-how, user insights and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.
- Develop new ways to expand reach of existing education programs, and evaluate new technologies and partnerships to deliver inspiring educational experiences.
- Oversee global rollout and long-term outreach strategy for key projects.
- Develop and manage relationships with key cross-functional partners in Engineering, Product, Marketing, Operations, Legal, PR, and Public Policy to design and drive complex projects across the company.
- Craft written communications to educate on user protection and safety; Represent Google user protection efforts at external events and Trust and Safety within Google.
- Analyze internet trends across the industry and develop recommendations that meet diverse user needs, while achieving maximum scale.
- BA/BS degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of industry experience in one of the following areas: internet technology, communication, social media strategy, scalable education, or user research.
- Experience as a project manager, working with international teams and stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related area.
- Experience working with Virtual Reality (VR) as a producer, editor, or project manager.
- Experience working with semi-technical operational teams, with expertise to leverage technology to achieve business goals.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.