Veritas Principal Site Reliability Engineer in Mountain View, California
• Responsible for maximizing system uptime and availability, ensuring functional and performance SLAs
• Responsible for establishing end-to-end monitoring and alerting on all critical aspects to ensure SLAs and get proactive notifications of possible issues for all systems
• Participate in data center and cloud strategy, design, troubleshooting, and operations
• Development of an automation program for MS server virtualization and builds
• Creation of playbooks to run when responding to alerts or incidents
• Initiate and lead scripting and automation to streamline system updates and upgrades
• Work with product operations team to resolve trouble tickets, developing and running scripts, and troubleshooting services in a hosted environment
• Works well independently and requires little or no supervision
• Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent practical knowledge managing at least 200 servers
• Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008-2016 and SQL 2008-2016 required
• Strong experience with storage solutions (SAN/NAS)
• Working knowledge of virtualized environments; VM management and provisioning;
• Expertise in Terraform, Puppet or similar automation technologies
• Understanding of security concepts and patching automation
• Experience with Application Monitoring
• Demonstrated technical experience in 2 or more of the following areas
o LAN/WAN networking, load balancing, and firewalls
o NAS/SAN concepts and administration
o SQL database administration
o Advanced knowledge of web services
o Writing and developing scripts
o Working experience with deployment automation frameworks (Chef, Puppet)
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytics skills
• Familiar or certified with ITIL
• Experience in Azure and AWS Cloud Service a plus
• ITIL: 5 years
• SQL 2008-2016: 4 years
• Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure): 4 years
• Puppet/Automation: 4 years
• Windows Server 2008-2016: 4 years
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .