Google Program Manager, Priority Growth Area (PGA) in Mountain View, California
The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
The GMS Product and Sales Activation (PSA) team is responsible for developing performance and brand product solutions for Google’s SMB business. We are the product and business experts behind the thousands of Small- and Medium-sized Business (SMB). We are responsible for driving sustainable business growth and product adoption. We identify opportunities through data-driven analysis, develop business cases for those opportunities, build consensus with stakeholders, and program manage cross-functional teams to drive GMS advertiser success.
In this role, you will manage the end-to-end development and activation of Priority Growth Areas (PGAs), which are the key product priorities for GMS Sales. You will analyze data and coordinate with key stakeholders to align on the right PGA product adoption metrics. You will work with GMS Sales to ensure they have the adequate support required, and with GMS central teams to ensure activities and incentives are aligned with customer success. You will also create systems and tools to drive and report on progress, acting as a champion for product adoption across the GMS business.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the "human face" of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of small- and medium-sized businesses. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. Together, we create and implement business plans broadly for every type of small business.
- Program manage annual PGA strategy development and quarterly PGA rollout/activation, setting consistent expectations of key milestones, deadlines and dependencies across central teams, sales, marketing, training and tools.
- Develop consistent governance and communications strategy across all PGAs.
- Analyze data to uncover and prioritize opportunities to influence PGA strategy and prioritization.
- Create and refine reporting infrastructure for regular reporting.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience implementing and managing AdWords campaigns.
- 5 years of experience at a consulting firm, in sales operations or corporate strategy, or experience in a technology/media company.
- Experience managing programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work, collaborate and influence cross-functionally.
- Ability to craft a story with data and to influence through proficiency in analytics.
- Ability to set a goal and vision for a team and translate this into tactical goals.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to lead complex operational and strategic initiatives.
- Distinctive problem solving skills, combined with solid business judgment.
- Effective communication skills, and confidence in presenting solutions to all level audiences and communicating with highly technical management and product teams.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.