Veritas Senior DevOps Engineer in Mountain View, California
· Automate and streamline product operations and processes
· Build and maintain tools for monitoring and operations
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, QA, non-prod and production environments
· Respond to service disruptions while maintaining an aggressive uptime SLA
· Collaborate with Deployment Operations and Engineering for new release planning
· Develop and maintain documentation on product operational procedures
· Operationalize new services and new platforms in the Public and Private Cloud
· Strong background in Windows Administration
· Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
· Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Azure is a plus)
· Strong experience with Microsoft SQL
· A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
· Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .