Google Signal Integrity and Power Integrity Engineer, Consumer Hardware in Mountain View, California
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information - hardware. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Participate in all stages of next generation consumer product development.
- Own Signal Integrity and Power Integrity of product and its sub-component development.
- Provide detailed SI and PI rules for cutting edge PCB and Flex technology.
- Drive resolution of SI issues with design engineer, PCB designer and system team.
- Work with engineering/qualification teams on system bring up and design validation.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in signal and power integrity simulation of system boards, including SoC/chipset, DDR memory, and other high-speed communication interfaces.
- Experience with industry SI simulation and lab tools such as Ansis HFSS, SIwave, Designer, Cadence Sigrity tools, ADS, Hspice, TDR, VNA, probe station, real-time scope, etc.
- Experience with EM field and transmission line theory.
- MS degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Experience with the product development process for mass volume production design, with a focus on signal integrity, power integrity and EMI.
- Experience with EDA tools such as Allegro and ConceptHDL.
- Experience with LPDDR3&4 spec, USB Type-C spec, MIPI spec.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.