Amazon.com Sr. Technical Program Manager - New AWS AI Team in Palo Alto, California
Would you like to help Amazon Web Services (AWS) AI team build the world’s best deep learning frameworks and services?
Do you have the program management skills and the strong technical background necessary to help direct and orchestrate the progress of deep learning across applied science and engineering domains? Can you negotiate outcomes to realize a vision while maintaining strong relationships and building trust?
The AWS AI team is looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager with a knack for managing the delivery of massive open source programs and/or complex engineering efforts. Come be a part of defining the future of AI and build tools that will enable amazing and intelligent experiences.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Driving the delivery of initiatives across distributed teams of scientists and engineers. This role will challenge you to deal with significant ambiguity and uncertainty associated with developing products at the bleeding edge of science and technology
• Working with teams across geographies and communication styles. Some of our technical talent are contributors spread across the open source community and may not work for Amazon.
• Managing project schedules, navigate issues and technical roadblocks and clearly raise awareness of issues to project stakeholders. You will have responsibility for release schedules and milestones, keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will possess a technical background that enables them to easily interact with researchers, software developers, and business stakeholders. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, bias for action, and ability to deliver results is a must.
Come join our start-up culture, wear many hats, work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tightly-knit team that is tackling a very interesting and challenging opportunity!
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent)
· 5+ years of Technical Product Management experience in a related industry
· 2+ years of coding experience in Python, C++ or other language
· Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, product development, and project management
· A first-hand working knowledge of Deep Learning and Data Science
· Experience working with and/or contributing to open source projects such as Apache Spark, Apache MXNet, TensorFlow and Caffe.
· Master’s degree
· 7+ years of Technical Product Management experience in a related industry
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
· Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
AMZR Req ID: 558838
External Company URL: www.amazon.com