THINK Together Afterschool Substitute Program Leader in San Jose, California
Afterschool Substitute Program Leader (San Jose, CA)
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR. APPLY NOW TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A POSITION. POSITION STARTS IN AUGUST 2017.
Work directly with a class of approximately 20-25 students, acting as a positive adult role model, coach, and mentor while having a genuine interest in the growth, development, and provision of a safe and nurturing environment for the students.
Leadership, communication, and most importantly patience, will be required in giving our students the stability and nurturing atmosphere they need to succeed. Ensuring that THINK Together students reach their potential takes a tremendous amount of hard work, flexibility, and commitment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:__
Lead a group of approximately 25 students in an instructional setting, maintaining high standards for behavior and safety by implementing the THINK Together four core agreements:
- Be respectful
- Be responsible
Serve as a positive adult role model for children in the program through appropriate dress, speech, and attitude.
- Provide homework assistance, academic enrichment and physical activity, using curriculum and materials provided by the program.
- Create an engaging environment that fosters a sense of belonging that kids want to be in.
- Support students in making positive behavior choices and take disciplinary measures when appropriate.
- Engage children and youth by following, implementing, and assisting in creating lesson plans.
- Ensure student safety by assisting in set up, break down, and ongoing maintenance in an effort to keep the school or community site clean and orderly.
- Promote positive interactions between volunteers and students in accordance with child safety guidelines.
- Maintain student safety by taking roll and reviewing sign-in/ sign-outs for students and volunteers.
- Identify student needs and communicate to Site Coordinator, teachers, school administration, parents, and volunteers as appropriate.
- Commit to a full-year program, demonstrated by arriving on-time, every day and completing time cards appropriately.
- Participate in staff development activities.
- All Program Leaders will begin their assignments as Substitutes until a placement can be identified.
Must be available during our scheduled after-school program times (1-6 p.m.) for a minimum of 3 days a week.
_OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: _
- Arrives punctually in order to meet responsibilities in site start up and assignments. Maintains close communication with Site Coordinator regarding planned or emergency absences for the same reason.
- Serves as a positive role model for children in the program through appropriate dress, speech, attitude and courtesy.
- Assists in keeping the site clean, including cleaning tables, mopping and vacuuming.
- Assists daily with snack preparation, serving and clean up.
- Maintains highest degree of confidentiality in staff, student and volunteer matters.
- Complies with organization and site policies and follows procedures.
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D Required
- 48 units in a college/university or successfully passing the NCLB Test
- Ability to speak and write in Standard English appropriate for a public school setting
Worker Category: Part-Time
Posted On: 08/21/2017
Requisition ID: 1057
Salary Range: 15.7500-0.0000 (USD) Hourly
Job Class: Service Workers