Xilinx, Inc. Demand Forecast Analyst in San Jose, California
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. Our All Programmable devices underpin today's most advanced electronics. Among the broad range of end markets we serve are:
High Performance Computing
Industrial / Scientific / Medical (ISM)
The Central Forecasting Group is responsible for weekly generation of the demand forecast used to drive all production plans. We do this by working closely with Customer Operations, Sales, Marketing and our planning teams. We are also responsible for the continuous improvements to the forecasting system and process to meet new business requirements.
- Analyze key demand information from end-customer backlog, key customer forecast, Point-Of-Sales and factory backlog using a statistical and rule-based Xilinx Demand Analytics engine.
- This includes identifying key demand trends and recommending wafer plan adjustments on a daily / weekly basis in order to best service Xilinx customers with optimal level of wafer supply.
- Identify abnormal demand data and follow-up with internal sales, product marketing, and customer service to drive demand data integrity.
- Work with internal and external supply chain experts to improve the quality and usability of Xilinx Demand Analytics engine.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the above fields with 2+ years analyst experience in data-driven business environment OR
- Master’s Degree in supply chain management, operations research, statistics, industrial engineering, or related field
- Strong analytical skills, including statistics and operations research, combined with practical business acumen
- Ability and willingness to derive business intelligence from data
- Ability to work cross-functionally with groups within Operations, Sales and Marketing
- Knowledge in basic forecasting, inventory management, and production planning
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Working knowledge in database query language (PL/SQL), data analysis tools (Excel Macros, Access, SPSS, SAS), and supply chain applications (Oracle, ERP) is highly valued Education and/or Relevant Experience