MV Transportation Maintenance Manager in San Jose, California
MV Transportation is seeking an experienced Maintenance Manager to manage all day-to-day maintenance aspects of this operation. The Maintenance Manager will insure that all contractual requirements are achieved, and the duties of this position will consist of daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports. He/she must be able to properly manage a budget for maintenance program.
Position is located in Salinas, California. Relocation assistance is available.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of comprehensive experience in maintenance management and a combination of seven years (7) of general vehicle maintenance experience.
- Must have experience working with a paratransit operations.
- Must have the ability to track and control parts inventories, vendors and suppliers.
- Must be able to prioritize, implement and manage work schedules, projects and assignments.
- Must be able to manage the financial / accounting aspects of a fleet maintenance operation.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff in written and oral formats.
- Must have computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have technical competence with light / medium / heavy duty vehicle repair and preventive maintenance.
- Must display initiative, professionalism, candor, and tact at all times.
- Formal education beyond high school is desirable and may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
- This candidate should have thorough knowledge of mechanical maintenance and repair methods and best practices.
- He/she should have experience as a Maintenance Manager, Foreperson or Supervisor, and must possess certifications as required for a Level "A" Mechanic position.
- ASE or manufacture's certifications a plus.
- Experience with paratransit bus, diesel engines, and air brakes preferred.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Must adhere to the strict maintenance plan developed by MV and our client.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
CATEGORY: Automotive, Installation - Maint - Repair, Management
LOCATION: US-CA-San Jose
POSTING ID: TNMAINT22506_22506
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
EXPERIENCE: Not Specified