Apple Interactive Designer, Channel Digital in Santa Clara Valley, California
Interactive Designer, Channel Digital
Job Number: 55604951
Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
Posted: Jun. 2, 2017
Weekly Hours: 40.00
Every day millions of consumers around the world interact with Apple and its products in the Indirect Channel through mobile, digital and in-store experiences. The Indirect Channel plays a hugely important role for Apple, with Channel Marcom driving strategies to provide customers a thoughtful, engaging and seamless experience.
Apple’s Interactive team is looking for an Interactive Designer to compose elegant and considered digital layouts to support our indirect Channel partners. The ideal candidate will have a strong design aesthetic, web and mobile design experience, Photoshop expertise, web or HTML email knowledge, and unparalleled attention to detail.
Proficiency in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity.
Ability to create original designs based on wireframes/sketches.
Ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, project management, and development staff, both in verbal and in written format.
Excellent digital file structure and asset management skills to keep work organized so it may be easily shared and modified by others.
Reliable judgment to see when work may be “off track” and initiative to collaborate with others to find solutions.
Ability to deliver quality design at high volume in a tight timeframe.
Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace.Description
• Collaborate with art directors and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on design layouts.
• Translate wireframes into highly detailed Photoshop files with pixel precision, balancing both visual and functional elements.
• Create original designs based on existing templates, adhering to design principles in established layouts and form factors.
• Create adaptations of original designs for different devices, locales, and environments.
• Flow copy into PSD files, adjusting balance of imagery to copy as necessary.
• Prepare for creative reviews by outputting optimized files and preparing printouts.
• Provide build-ready design files in a timely manner while meeting quality standards.
• Review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless.
• Identify opportunities for process, design system, style guide, user experience, and documentation improvements.
BA or BFA in Graphic Design (or equivalent), preferred.
• A minimum of 3-4 years work experience in an interactive design-related field.
• Photoshop expertise, including intelligently organizing files for design iteration, setting up files for web production, and adhering to graphic design standards, all with pixel-perfect precision.
• Experience designing within the mobile realm and/or from desktop through mobile in a responsive or adaptive manner.
• Solid understanding of the technical side of web development, including HTML, CSS, iOS, and other technologies.
• Preferred: Experience working within a brand’s style guidelines.