Apple Software QA Engineer in Santa Clara Valley, California
Software QA Engineer
Job Number: 86391328
Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
Weekly Hours: 40.00
Are you a self-starter passionate testing complex products at low levels?
• Do you want to be a key part of the hardware/software development process?
• Do you love working cross-functionally with hardware/software engineers?
• Do you enjoy deep diving into embedded systems and bug hunting? If your answer is yes, we would love to connect with you.
The Accessories Quality Assurance Team is searching for a motivated Firmware QA Engineer.
Join our team and get an opportunity to shape the future of accessories. We are committed to ensuring that our customers have a magical experience with accessories and iPhone, iPod, or iPad. We work cross-functionally with various groups within Apple. We uphold the highest level of quality for our accessory ecosystems and you will help us continue to support that effort.
3+ years of experience in a quality assurance role or working with embedded systems
Basic hardware understanding of block diagrams and circuit schematics
Deep understanding of software quality assurance methodologies and practices
Understanding of embedded systems and protocols
Use of hardware debugging tools such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers
Have a real passion for user-focused design and high quality technology
Knowledge or application of Python, Bash, C/C++, Objective-C or Swift
In-depth understanding of iOS, Mac, and/or Linux Operating SystemsDescription
• Manual/Automated testing of accessory platforms and accessories
• You will test Apple device integration with accessories platforms and report low level issues
• Work directly with firmware and software development engineers on new accessory products and discuss deep technical issues
• Be the key driver for quality in every phase of the development process
• You will surface low level issues in context of user impact and experience
• Design tests to isolate failing components and reproduce complex issues
BS or MS in Computer/Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
• Working knowledge and understanding of iPhone accessories and third party peripherals
• Experience with USB 3.0 or USB-C specification
• Experience or drive for learning robotics, 3D-printing and fixture design is a big asset