Macy's Macy's Seasonal Customer Service, Retail - Part Time Early Mornings: Sunnyvale Town Center in Sunnyvale, California
A Seasonal Customer Service Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, creating an exceptional shopping experience, completing POS transactions inclusive of credit and Plenti enrollment, and delivering a clean, neat, and easy to shop environment. A Seasonal Customer Service Associate is also responsible for unpacking new merchandise when delivered, replenishing merchandise as needed, ensuring markdowns are taken in a timely and accurate manner, set-up and removal of signs as directed for promotional events, and picking and packing of fulfilment orders.
Seasonal Customer Service Associate shift start times will vary by location. Shift start times include:
- Early Mornings - Shift starts between 4 am and 6 am
- Mid Mornings - Shift starts between 7 am and 10 am
- Afternoons - Shift starts between 11 am and 2 pm
- Mid Afternoons - Shift starts between 3 pm and 5 pm
- Evenings - Shift starts between 6 pm and 9 pm
- Late Evenings - Shift starts between 10 pm and midnight
- Provide an exceptional customer shopping experience by ensuring both the in store and online customer are always the #1 priority
- Service the customer in a helpful and friendly manner including POS transactions, credit and Plenti enrollment, and helping them to find what they are looking for
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection
- Reinforce customer’s selection and package merchandise with care
- Handle all returns courteously and professionally
- Invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible
- Deliver a clean, neat, and easy-to-shop store environment; maintain sales floor and fitting room recovery standards
- Execute merchandising, fulfillment, RFID, and reverse logistics tasks timely and accurately to include placement of merchandise to standards, movement of fixtures and merchandise for seasonal sets, stockroom maintenance and organization, replenishment to the sales floor, collection and transport of picked fulfillment orders to appropriate processing areas; preparing and returning BOPS/SDD orders; RFID tag up events, cycle counts, display audits and tagging standards; processing and packing of damages, non-congruent transfers, store initiated transfers, return to vendor and mark out of stock merchandise
- Collaborate with peers, leads, and managers to coordinate merchandise movement needs with other tasks
- Execute price changes in a timely and accurate manner to include marking correct markdown/markup price on merchandise, using correct price change labels, conducting random price audits to ensure selling price is correctly reflected on the merchandise, and communication of pricing issues to supervisor
- Execute signing in a timely and accurate manner to include organization, maintenance, and accountability of sign shop and sign carts, sign set-up and removal based on RF Handheld and Up/Down tools, random sign audits to ensure selling price is correctly reflected on the signs, communication on signing issues to supervisor
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner; flex between tasks as directed by a Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Perform other duties as necessary
- No specific educational accomplishments are necessary. No experience is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a c alculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess a thirst for learning.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale
Job: Other Non-Selling/Support
Req ID: 71383264