BioReference Laboratories Clinical Lab Scientist (NIGHTS) in CAMPBELL, California
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
We have an opening for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) available in our state-of-the art facility located in the Bay Area. Learn about the exciting changes we are making to further enhance our California operation, including the expansion of our clinical laboratory, installation of new hi-tech analyzers and the transformation of our Microbiology department to meet the needs of a broader, more demanding client base.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 11pm-7:30am with rotating Saturday Night shift.
Get to know BioReference, you will understand why we are the fastest growing reference lab in the nation.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BioReference Labs:
- Ability to work with industry leading medical staff
- Hands-on exposure to cutting edge laboratory technology and instrumentation
- Ability to rotate on multiple clinical pathology benches
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits
- We may offer some relocation assistance if needed.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Independently performs moderate and highly complex clinical tests and accurately enters results.
- Prepares and tests new reagents or controls and evaluates their usefulness; monitors and maintains supply.
- Performs test calibrations and runs Quality Control material.
- Evaluates the acceptability of routine analysis prior to releasing patient reports.
- Accurately performs and records proficiency testing.
- Initiates troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and notifies Supervisor as needed.
- Instructs new employees on proper procedures and provides on-going technical guidance to laboratory assistants.
- Maintains professional growth through continuing education.
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and/or calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining HIPAA regulations.
- Follow all laboratory policies and procedures including, but not limited to, general processes, safety and quality.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Medical Technology or Biological Sciences from an Accredited College or University.
- California State MTA generalist License.
- 0 -- 2 years of experience
- 2 plus years of experience as a clinical laboratory scientist.
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Clinical Lab Scientist (NIGHTS) - Licensed CA Generalist
Location: CAMPBELL , CA 95008
Req Number: BRL-18-2790