Jewish Community Center General Manager - Immediate Opening in Los Gatos, California
Position:* General Manager*
Status:*Full-Time, Exempt, At-Will, Benefitted*
Supervisor:*Chief Executive Officer*
The General Manager is responsible for carrying out the APJCCs commitment to service its members in the best Sports & Wellness environment possible with the friendliest most educated staff, cleanest facility, most ethical business practices and state of the art equipment.
This person is responsible for all facets of the Sports & Wellness Center daily operations which include: financial, sales & marketing, member retention, programming, facility cleanliness, repair & maintenance, safety & security, member satisfaction, the hiring, mentoring, and management of Sports, Wellness, & Membership staff, and employee satisfaction & retention.
The General Manager is responsible for being fully knowledgeable about operations and emergency procedures while supporting policies and procedures established by the APJCC.The aim is to ensure smooth operations at all levels throughout the Sports & Wellness Center and maintain a high profile with staff, members, and the community at large. The Sports & General Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and operation of the Sports & Wellness Center.
The General Manager will be responsible for setting, directing, and ultimately implementing plans and programs designed to enhance the retention, and satisfaction of our APJCC members, within the Sports and Wellness departments.
- Directly supervise the Sports and Fitness Director, Aquatics Director, Group Fitness Director, Membership Team, and Administrative support staff.
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to the Sports and Wellness Departments.
- Recruit, interview, supervise, and evaluate full and part time staff as necessary.
- Recommend new hires, promotions, employee status changes, and terminations based on proposals from Department Heads, with the guidance of Human Resources
- Promote career growth through training, development, and performance assessment
- Meet one on one weekly with the, Sports and Fitness Director, Aquatics Director, Group Fitness Director, and Membership Team to provide support and guidance keeping the main focus on improving and growing the departments
- Work with Facilities Director to ensure proper cleaning, maintenance and supervision of facilities and health and fitness building coverage.
- Work with Membership staff, Sports and Fitness Director, Marketing Director, Operations Director, and Group Fitness Director to develop and implement regular membership appreciation programs and events.
- Work closely with the Membership staff to develop systems for positive member experiences and recruitment of new members.
- Continually evaluate programs, solicit feedback, review and analyze results.
- Prepare statistical reports pertaining to departmental usage.
- Manage payroll, documenting staff sick hours, vacation hours, and holidays.
- Oversee the purchase of departmental supplies, equipment and monitor inventory.
- Oversee upkeep of equipment and that maintenance is done as needed in a timely fashion.
- Compile and submit the monthly Sports & Wellness Departments Statistics
- Authorizes Purchase Orders, Check Requests, Credit Card Usage Forms, and Time-off Requests from Sports, Wellness, and Membership staff.
- Participate in the development of and responsible for the administration of the departmental budgets.
- Monitor revenue and expense reports on a daily basis.
- Monitor budget compliance for all departments on a monthly basis with staff, CFO and CEO.
- Serve as professional staff to lay committees and/or task forces established as needed.
- Attend weekly Management meetings, meetings with the CEO, CFO, and monthly Board meetings.
- Work with committee/task force to develop strategies to improve department and recommend policies as needed.
- Develop and recruit new committee/task force members.
IV.*Program Planning and Development*
- Develop with staff, plan, implement, and supervise a comprehensive, creative and progressive schedule of classes, leagues and programs that meet the needs of all ages for the Sports & Wellness departments.
- Routinely evaluate programs, along with staff and committees, and make changes to insure high quality and meaningful services to members.
- Assist staff in the planning of Wellness Events.
- Grow the Sports & Wellness department by bringing in new, innovative equipment and programs.
- Integrate standardized procedures in the Sports & Wellness center.
- Keep informed of all trends and developments in the health and fitness areas.
- Supervise and help implement departmental staff training for all sports & wellness, building a solid team approach.
- Monitor customer service, working toward building positive relationships with members, being good listener and responsive to the needs of members, being flexible and responsible at all times. Participate in staffing major JCC programs or events outside of the department when assigned.
V.*Public Relations Responsibilities*
- Work with Marketing Director to develop appropriate publicity materials and public relations approaches for the Sports and Wellness Center.This includes, but is not limited to: flyers, mailings, press releases and social media.
- Communicate policies and programs to families and promote family participation in special programs and events.
- Facilitate a positive growth image of the JCC in the community.
- A four year degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, or similar is preferred;
- Minimum of three (3) years experience of management of people.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret rental needs
- Proven ability to motivate and lead staff.
- Experience collaborating with a team to develop client needs, marketing, and facilitys needs.
- Highly motivated, detailed, and organized.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
Specialized knowledge, licenses, etc.:
Current Personal Training Certification, Group Fitness Certification(s), Lifeguard Certification, CPO, or other industry standard credentials preferred.
This position is contingent upon the completion and cleared background check of a fingerprint and life scan assessment.
- Commensurate with experience to include:
- Base salary
- Fitness Center/Community Center environment
- Ability to lift/carry a minimum of 45 pounds
- Ability to stand/sit for long periods
- Ability to climb stairs and walk members throughout the center
- Ability to communicate in English
We are unable to accept phone calls regarding this position.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States
PLEASE APPLY ON-LINE AT:
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, childcare, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, teen lounge, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, dance and sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.
Date Posted: 03/11/2018
Title: General Manager - Immediate Opening
JCC: Addison-Penzak JCC of Silicon Valley
Location: Los Gatos, CA