Google Global Lead, Strategy, Policy and Narrative in Mountain View, California
People Ops is always looking to make the experience of work better and more meaningful for Googlers. But innovating (and operating!) is increasingly complex when Googlers work in more than 50 countries, each with its own unique practices and regulations. The Diversity, Integrity & Governance team works to make sure we not only do what’s required by law, but that we continue to raise the bar and do what’s right for Googlers all over the globe. From supporting LGBT rights to extending parental leave benefits, we aspire to do the right thing in every part of the world: to be fair and inclusive, disciplined but not rigid, and consistent but not bureaucratic.
The Strategy, Insights and Outreach (SI&O;) team works closely with the Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Integrity (EDII) Leadership team to help define and articulate Google’s overarching Diversity and Inclusion strategy.
As a Global Lead on Strategy, Policy and Narrative, you'll frame and analyze complex problems, and develop recommendations. You will also partner with all parts of the EDII team and other important internal and external stakeholders.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we're the champions of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them" - we bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Contribute to the creation/iteration of global narrative for Google’s approach to Diversity & Inclusion (D&I;); integrate digital storytelling and social media into Google’s strategic communications.
- Assist in operationalizing a Systems Thinking approach to longstanding and complex challenges around D&I;, and bring thought leadership to Google’s approach to D&I.;
- Create holistic, forward-looking and metrics-driven strategy for D&I; policy engagement in Washington and beyond; sharpen impact of Google’s interactions with DC stakeholders and communities on D&I; issues, in particular with annual launch of Google’s Diversity Report.
- Develop a comprehensive crisis response and mitigation strategy for community and diversity-related issues.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant experience.
- Executive presence, and the ability to manage high-profile relationships and media.
- Demonstrated ability to build sustainable relationships with key stakeholders across an organization.
- Comfortability interfacing and preparing materials for the executives within an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinker, and the ability to articulate a vision to teams across the organization and business.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.