Google Strategic Program Manager Lead, Staffing Services Operations in Mountain View, California
Google is known for our innovative technologies, products and services — and for the people behind them. The Google People Services (GPS) team focuses on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Googlers. You will lead and motivate a team of direct reports to achieve amazing performance goals. You'll work closely with the executive management team to set and develop business strategies. You will draw insights from analytics to make our people process smarter and more efficient. You will use your strong communication skills to tell rich, meaningful stories using data and influence decisions. You will develop strong relationships across the organization, working collaboratively with clients, peers and key leaders to drive results for your team, the department and clients.
As a Staffing Services Team (SST) Strategic Program Manager Lead, you’ll lead a team focused on delivering multidisciplinary initiatives aimed at providing an exceptional experience to our candidates, interviewers, staffing partners and internal client groups - balanced by operational rigor. Using your business acumen and creativity, you’ll find innovative ways to manage our complex set of programs and processes, making them more efficient and scalable. Your strong leadership will be essential to envision the impacts of these projects, to drive cross-functional stakeholders towards a common goal and to candidly and accurately report on project risks and issues. Additionally, you’ll provide insights and recommendations while keeping an eye on the big picture. You’ll work closely with global stakeholders, business leaders, and vendor partners to define and deliver high impact programs. Most importantly, you’ll inspire, grow and mobilize your team to deliver impact for all of Google.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we're the champions of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them" - we bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Provide accountability for the design, delivery and ongoing optimization of SST’s global programs, such as Candidate Travel & Reimbursement, Candidate Hosting etc. along with ad-hoc initiatives designed to improve our processes, leverage technology, share best practices and reimagine our service delivery model
- Create a long term strategy and vision for the team, integrating with other Google People Services (GPS)/People Operations initiatives and contributing to a broader vision
- Manage, inspire, coach and develop a team of Program Managers
- Lead or collaborate on cross-functional projects aimed at designing and implementing solutions for complex Staffing problems (This will include collaborating with teams virtually across regions/locations and coordinating the activities of disparate teams to meet business objectives.)
- Analyze data, present to peers and leaders, and highlight trends and insights to influence business decisions as well as own/inform annual business planning
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 9 years of work experience in consulting, HR or business operations.
- Experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders across cross-functional teams.
- Deep influencing skills to push things forward and remove roadblocks with and without authority.
- Leadership skills with excellent judgment on sensitive, complex, and cross-functional issues, fostering collaboration between staffing managers, sub-teams, the larger Staffing organization and related People Operation functions.
- Analytical and investigative skills combined with the ability to navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong consulting skills with the ability to look at problems from multiple angles and be a systems thinker.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.