Pinkerton Due Diligence Analyst in Palo Alto, California
The Due Diligence Analyst, assigned to a specific client, will serve as the subject matter expert on all due diligence matters in Latin America.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives. The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Conduct all source collection and research, analyze, evaluate, and integrate data from multiple sources, identify intelligence gaps, and specify collection requirements, to produce assessments and recommendations.
- Apply highly developed inductive reasoning skills to provide a proactive approach to potential issues.
- Conduct media, legal, compliance, and regulatory research using proprietary databases and public domain sources.
- Collect and gather information from Law Enforcement databases and Court houses and compile information into an investigative/intelligence report.
- Review large amounts of media, legal, regulatory, and compliance information.
- Prepare analyses, assessments, or other products by applying expert judgment and specialized experience in interpreting information and making decisions.
- Prepare and present briefings on projects, studies, and analyses to mid/high level managers.
- Discern patterns of complex behavior; provide accurate understanding of present and future threats.
- Provide analysis to guide decision makers.
- Provide critical front-line intelligence support to investigative and operational personnel.
- Extract essential information and analysis from investigations and intelligence products and synthesizes the information into actionable reports.
- Identify information gaps.
- Develop and deliver customer specific presentations.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor degree in criminal justice, law enforcement, statistical analysis, or related field or a four-year degree from a national accredited program (any general science, research, social studies, science or cultural studies degree).One to three years of work experience in performing due diligence analysis. Will consider experience in national security or criminal intelligence analysis that involves using the principles, concepts, and methodologies of all-source intelligence analysis to research, evaluate, and integrate all-source data in the preparation and presentation of intelligence analytical products.
- Due diligenceanalysis experience includingprinciples, concepts, research, evaluation, and integration of all-source data.
- Bi-lingual skills; English and Spanish. Portuguese is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Strong client and results orientation.
- Able to work under time pressures and adjusted schedules.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Must be able to work any shift including evenings, weekends, and holidays to ensure the successful completion of work assignments. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabilities