Cisco Failure Analysis System Engineer in San Jose, California
Failure Analysis System Engineer
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Hardware
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1229205
What You'll Do
As a Hardware Design Engineer on Failure Analysis team your responsibilities would include:
· Work in a team environment to analyze possible design incoherencies and qualify high complexity Switching systems.
· Work with Marketing to understand and prioritize Customer complaints.
· Partner with Software, ASIC Development, HW Qualification, and Manufacturing teams.
· Lead cross-functional teams and follow comprehensive development methodology that ensures the robustness of the product, with a focus on high reliability, testability, and customer satisfaction.
Who You Are
· Minimum of 5+ years of experience with BSEE, or MSEE
· Extremely motivated, passionate individual, who has a strong desire to be a team player.
· Proven track record of developing and releasing multiple high complexity hardware products.
· Extensive board design experience with design tools including Cadence Concept, and Allegro.
· Familiar with PCIe and Ethernet protocols.
· Expertise in high-speed design, packaging, advanced PCB materials, signal integrity, power distribution techniques & CPU subsystem design.
· Strong understanding of multi-gigabit serial interconnect technologies.
· Expertise in lab qualification and debug.
· Experience with FPGA design and RTL coding is a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to express complex technological concepts, influence others, and emphasize cooperation instead of confrontation.
· Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or beat deadlines.
· Desire to do “whatever it takes” to successfully complete the variety of development & support activities.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.