Cisco Principal Engineer in San Jose, California
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center
Job Id 1227598
Security Policy and Access (SPA) is Networking and Security business group that delivers key access policy and security capabilities for the network. The SPA team develops access control applications for Cisco’s Software Defined Access solution – DNA. Our flagship product is the Identity Services Engine (ISE). ISE is winner of Cisco Pioneer award and have been awarded the best NAC solution by SC magazine for 2015 and 2016. Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) is an identity-based access control policy platform that enables enterprises to enforce compliance, enhance infrastructure security and streamline their service operations in any environment—wired, wireless or VPN. Its features allow enterprises to gather real time contextual information from network, users, and devices to make proactive governance decisions by tying identity back into the network.
• 15+ year’s software and architecture experience in a technology based company with 4+ years focused on cloud environments and their supporting infrastructures
• Experience in the design and development of cloud-native scaled out and distributed applications that leverage micro service architecture, REST APIs, relational and NoSQL stores, some level of networking and system expertise, strong tooling, monitoring, and cloud management experience
• Strong experience working in small, highly technical teams employing Agile/Scrum practices
• Ability to deliver results in a short time and experience working in fast paced high growth tech companies
• Proven ability to influence a diverse geographically dispersed group of individuals to facilitate, moderate, and influence productive design and implementation discussions driving towards results
• Strong knowledge of key infrastructure technologies such as: Database (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL. Big Data and NOSQL Databases like Cassandra, Elastic Search, Mongo. In Memory DB like Timesten, Redis, Dynomite), Cloud Services (DaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), Networking (LAN, WAN), Platform, continuous delivery solutions (AWS, Azure, Google) and Storage Technologies (UNIX, LINUX, Windows, SAN)
• Hands-on experience with a broad mix of technologies including a strong subset of:
◦ Core Java 8, Spring framework, SpringBoot, Spring Cloud,
◦ Angular JS, React
◦ Cloud Foundry (or equivalent),
◦ MariaDB, EnterpriseDB, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, Elastic search), IMDG
◦ AWS Web Services,
◦ API gateway,
◦ Linux, Unix systems
◦ Drools/Activiti, and a range of open source libraries.
◦ CI/CD (Jenkins, GitHub, SonarQube, Fortify etc.).
• Demonstrated experience and expertise selling solutions to business decision-makers by reinforcing the value of solutions.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and executing an integrated architectural view of, and strategy for, enterprise-wide database infrastructure technology solutions.
• Demonstrated experience with High Performing and Highly Available Distributed Database Topologies, Database Platform and Storage Technologies, Data Migration, System Management and Monitoring Tools, Cloud Services, Big Data and Datacenter Facilities.
• Demonstrated experience working in agile teams.
• Ability to work with highly distributed teams, including interaction with the open source communities.
• Continuously drive development efficiencies aligned with the development standards
• Provide leadership and expertise in the design of new products, services and processes.
• Recommend and justify changes to existing products, services and processes.
• Lead in the development of the technical solution or offering, in translating the business needs into technical requirements.
• Identify gaps, strategic impacts, financial impacts and the risk profile in the technical solution and provide technical recommendations.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.