Orchard Supply Hardware Quality Engineer in San Jose, California
SAN JOSE STORE SUPPORT CENTER
CA - SAN JOSE - STORE SUPPORT CENTER
Full-time salary (40+ hrs/wk)
The Quality Engineer is primarily responsible for the execution of tasks relating to product quality improvement projects and investigations. These tasks will be accomplished by utilizing and interfacing with Orchard’s vendors, cross-functional departments
internal to Lowe’s, nationally recognized testing laboratories, and industry groups.
The Quality Engineer must have a working knowledge of manufacturing principles and quality management systems.
The Quality Engineer will collaborate directly with Merchandising, Lowe’s Global Sourcing, Supply Chain, Product Development, Marketing and Store Operations in order to complete tasks and drive product quality improvements.
• Analyzes Voice of the Customer data and metrics to identify key opportunities for product and process quality improvements.
• Leads projects to improve customer satisfaction with Orchard products.
• Drives corrective and preventive actions with vendors to insure customer satisfaction.
• Analyzes metrics and provides reporting to Merchandising and Vendors.
• Recommends stop sales to the Orchard and Lowe's Directors.
• Executes and communicates the stop sales to the stores.
• Executes and communicates CPSC recalls to the stores.
• Participate in ad-hoc projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technical sciences required.
• 3+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing or retail environment.
• Knowledge and experience of Quality tools (APQP, FMEA's, Control Plans, DMAIC methodology, Root Cause Analysis) preferred.
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Quality Auditor preferred.
• Certified Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
• Manufacturing quality systems knowledge (ISO 9001 or TS16949).
• Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and database applications.
• Technical report writing.
• Effective oral presentations.
• Ability to analyze data with appropriate statistical tools.
• Demonstrated experience leading and/or facilitating projects.