Xilinx, Inc. Senior Staff Research & Software Engineer in San Jose, California
Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative, and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that enable our customers to differentiate. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
Xilinx Research Labs is seeking a talented software engineer to join our team investigating state-of-the-art challenges in the design and deployment of next-generation heterogeneous data-center platforms. The goal of the team is to improve design productivity and system performance of these platforms while delivering programmable logic benefits into data-center software environments.
You will join a small, high-impact group where we invent creative solutions to advanced technical problems and demonstrate the practicality of those solutions with proof-of-concept prototypes. We collaborate extensively with the Xilinx product groups to transfer the technologies that we develop into products that ultimately make our customers more successful.
As researchers, we present work internally and have many opportunities to collaborate with industrial and academic partners. We regularly patent our inventions and publish our research. Additionally, we are expected to explore and assess new technologies with a view to bringing the most valuable of them into the company. We are committed to constantly learning! The successful candidate will have close mentorship here at Xilinx and unlimited potential to develop their technical knowledge in a world-leading company renowned for its state-of-the-art products.
Investigate cutting-edge software methodologies for data center platforms - platforms featuring heterogeneous CPUs, hardware accelerators and programmable logic
Investigate new technologies and assess their potential value to Xilinx
Work closely with colleagues from other teams as well as partner companies and universities
Present research to internal and external audiences
Publish and patent research results
Stay current with latest trends in related technologies and industries
- PhD (preferred) in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science or MS with at least 7 years’ experience in industry.
- Excellent understanding of and hands on proficiency with C/C++ programming in Linux environments (user space, kernel and/or driver experience)
- Strong experience with runtime management of heterogeneous systems within data centers or embedded environments
- Experienced in low-level configuration and programming of Systems on Chip
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication, teamwork & problem solving skills
- Experience of boot loaders, hypervisors, and symmetric multiprocessing systems
- Track record of using and/or contributing to open source software projects
- Experience/appreciation of FPGA design preferably with Xilinx FPGAs and design tools
- Familiarity with multi-core/GPU and parallel programming techniques