Manpower Group Packer in Santa Clara, California
Maximum Submissions per Supplier 0
Selects, fabricates, salvages and packages products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Inspects, selects, packages and labels products according to specifications.
· Operates semi-automatic and automatic packaging equipment (including but not limited to, baggers, rebagger, reclaim machines, stretch wrap, etc.).
· Operates, cleans and adjusts in-line BRU tape machines.
· Performs packaging operations (including but not limited to, loading batt packages into unitizer, placing sleeve on unitizer snout, stacking stretch wrappers, etc.).
· Salvages, reconditions, and feeds offware into reclaim.
· Collects, segregates and disposes of off-quality material, scrap, recyclable materials, and other debris. Operates baler and removes bales.
· Re-piles, re-labels and/or repacks finished goods.
· Assists in start-up and/or set-up of packing equipment.
· Clears jams and removes any materials that may cause safety hazards.
· Checks packaging quality. Notifies the appropriate personnel of out of specification packaging and rejects same.
· Operates material handling equipment (including, but not limited to, fork, clamp, etc.) as required. Performs operator inspection of fork lift on each shift; checks fluid levels and various fork lift component systems for malfunctions; replenishes fuel and fluid. Completes daily vehicle inspection forms.
· Procures and maintains supply of direct/packaging materials at work stations.
· Notifies appropriate personnel of any equipment or quality problems and takes corrective action within the scope of the job.
· Operates and makes simple adjustments to packaging equipment.
· Participates in the safety, continuous improvement, communication process, and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
· Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by supervision.
· Assists in oven cleanouts, rebuilds and other downtimes.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
· Understand the plant safety guidelines and pass all required safety training.
· Must be able to read, write, and speak English
· Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
· Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations
· Must be able to conduct simple mechanical tests
· Troubleshooting equipment and conceptualize equipment
· Know and understand how to read SAP.
· Must be able to secure and maintain fork lift drivers license
· Must be able to work independently
· Must work well in team environment
· Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
· Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
· Must have the ability to multi-task
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
· Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument, to include touch screens.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
· Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
· Two years related experience and/or training in an industrial environment or a technical certificate/manufacturing
· Proof of legal authorization to work in the United States
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must be drug and alcohol free
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
· Outstanding attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts
· Wearing respirator protection - frequently
· Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
· Exposure to noise- continuously
· Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds
· Sitting- frequently
· Standing- continuously
· Twisting and Bending - continuously
· Walking - frequently
· Hand/Eye Coordination- continuously
OWCO Company Default Category