Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company Principal WLAN Test Engineer - Network R&D in Santa Clara, California
Principal WLAN Test Engineer - Network R&D
Company & Job overview
Aruba Networks is one of the hottest networking companies in Silicon Valley. We have grown more than 40% year-over-year. We continue to gain market share in the Wi-Fi space (at the expense of a large competitor on Tasman Drive). We have over 1000 employees but our culture remains the same, to be the BIGGEST SMALL Company around. Our small company culture empowers our employees to work on exciting, state of the art technology and allows them to be a part of a cool, growing company. Our Former CEO Dominic Orr says “people work for impact, they want to have fun, and they want to get rewarded” and that is exactly what Aruba represents. Aruba is currently used by more than 15,000 organizations world-wide including many Fortune 500 companies and spanning education, government, healthcare, technology and retail markets.
Aruba Networks is seeking a Senior Test Engineer for Systems and Solutions Engineering in Santa Clara, CA, US who thrives in a fast-paced, cross functional matrix and challenging environment. The focus of this position will be in developing Large Scale Software Testing strategies and execution plans to support Aruba’s next generation Access Points, controllers and switches.
· BS in Electrical or Computer networking with 6+ years of experience
· Or MS in Electrical /Computer networking with 4+ years of experience.
· Certifications on Networking such as CWNA, CCIE, JNCIE – Highly desirable
Skills & Experience
· Strong competence in Layer2, Layer3 networking protocols and concepts
· Hands on experience with SDN, OpenStack, Virtualization
· Expert in Security protocols such as 802.1x, 802.11i, AAA, TACACS, IPSEC, Firewalls
· Substantial system level test experience
· Demonstrated understanding of industry standard testing and troubleshooting tools including IxChariot, iperf, Veriwave, Omnipeek, AirMagnet, Spectrum analysis
· Solid understanding of Wi-Fi system level test and characterization.
· Indepth knowledge and experience with 802.11 standards and protocols.
· Hands of experience on with Test automation development using TCL/Python/Go
· Self-motivated, Self-starter, Self-organized
· Disciplined approach to test software development.
· Good documentation skills.
· Works effectively with cross functional and remote team members.
· Recognizes importance of internal and external deadlines.
· Works effectively under pressure
· Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills, good oral and written communication skills and excellent analytical skills.
· Must be able to succeed with minimal resources and minimal supervision.
· Willingness to travel – Occasionally.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Technology innovation that fosters business transformation.
We Are In the Acceleration Business
We help customers use technology to slash the time it takes to turn ideas into value. In turn, they transform industries, markets and lives.
Some of our customers run traditional IT environments. Most are transitioning to a secure, cloud-enabled, mobile-friendly infrastructure. Many rely on a combination of both. Wherever they are in that journey, we provide the technology and solutions to help them succeed.
Standards of business conduct (SBC):
The Hewlett Packard Enterprise Standards of Business Conduct (SBC) embody the fundamental principles that govern our ethical and legal obligations to Hewlett Packard Enterprise. They pertain not only to our conduct within the company but also to conduct involving our customers, channel partners, suppliers and competitors.
Read more about how we win the right way.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO):
Hewlett Packard Enterprise provides equal employment opportunity to any employee or applicant without regard to sex, gender, color, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, uniformed service status, familial status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click here: Equal Employment Opportunity.
If you’d like more information about your EEO right as an applicant under the law, please click here: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law - Supplement
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.