Cepheid Product Transfer Associate in Sunnyvale, California
Danaher Company Description
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for abetter wayand help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us atwww.cepheid.comor follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
The Product Transfer Associate will support Product Transfer Scientists in New Product Introduction (NPI) team to ensure the successful transfer, validation, and commercialization of Cepheid’s new IVD products. Duties include developing bills of materials (BOM), development or revision of manufacturing worksheets and procedures, new materials qualification, test method validation, handling logistics for development builds, and writing validation reports.
• Perform routine product transfer activities to support New Production Introduction function within Operations.
• Conduct testing of biological/chemical assays and instrumentation in support of test method validation or new materials qualification.
• Scope of testing will include preparation of reagents/chemicals, performing testing using instrumentation and application software, follow both established procedures and conducting non-standard testing under the guidance of the Sr. Product Transfer Scientists.
• Analyze data using established procedures and summarize in a report format.
• Support process improvement and troubleshooting efforts as needed within Operations.
• Support the development of manufacturing worksheets and procedures in new product introduction
Required Knowledge - Skills - and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in a Life Science discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
• A minimum of 4 years direct related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
• Basic knowledge of GLP practices involving biological/chemical reagent handling and formulation.
• Basic knowledge of molecular biology techniques, especially work with nucleic acids and biochemicals.
• Basic knowledge of chemicals used in reagent assay formulations and safe handling of hazardous chemicals.
• Knowledge of laboratory equipment (e.g. pipettors, spectrophotometers, titrators).
• Proficient use of MS suite of tools such as Excel, Word.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail and good record-keeping skills.
• Organized, detailed oriented and a self-driver and capable of working independently under minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate strong ethics and teamwork.
• Basic understanding of mathematics and formulas used for calculations.
• Ability to follow oral and written procedures.
• Ability to follow SOPs, work instructions and related documentation.
• Capable of working independently under minimal supervision.
• Possess a BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Bio-Engineering or related field.
• Minimum of 4 years of industrial experience. PCR and Real-Time PCR experience desired.
• Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment (ISO or GMP) is a plus
• Ability to work in an office, laboratory, and production environment
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 62,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,300% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CA-Sunnyvale
Req ID: CEP001336
Cepheid is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.