Google Revenue Reporting Manager in Sunnyvale, California
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. A master juggler working of multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to handle big picture challenges.
You are both a manager and a mentor, providing financial leadership and analytical support to partners of the core Finance team as well as giving your own team the support they need to become financial gurus. You'll keep senior management informed on key financial metrics and work to improve financial operation practices throughout your region.
The Revenue FP&A; team (RevTeam) own Google’s business growth narrative and deliver insights to improve it. RevTeam is responsible for forecasting and monetization analytics for all of Google’s products and services to identify opportunities, manage risk, surface challenges and own reporting on business growth in the P&L.;
The Revenue Reporting Manager role is at the helm of the cross-functional Finance processes which inform Google’s both short and long-term business trajectory. You will lead the monthly and quarterly reporting across all Google, including earnings diligence preparation, updates and insight-sharing to CFO and Finance leaders. You will drive critical initiatives across RevTeam and collaborate across the Finance organization. You will gain and develop a unique perspective on the full portfolio of Google’s businesses, key drivers and long term trends, and the ecosystems that they operate within.
This is a highly influential role which will impact the finance decision making at Google. You will be natural self-starter with an ability to see the big picture while having a keen eye for detail as you occupy and develop the nexus of business growth insights.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Own and drive Google's analysis and reporting, including communication and collaboration with Investor Relations, External Reporting, Revenue Accounting and other finance teams.
- Assist with long-range business growth financial modeling and scenario analysis to inform Google trajectory and investment decisions.
- Provide stakeholders with finance-based decision support for implementing new as well as maintaining existing products and processes, including project ROI analysis, ongoing development and maintenance of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) metrics and analysis support of strategic planning activities
- Advocate the development of FP&A; best practices across finance. Lead and collaborate on cross-functional Finance projects.
- Coordinate Google budgeting and forecasting processes, working with product forecasters and business Finance teams, to ensure timely and accurate reporting, as well as business insight.
- BA/BS degree in Business, technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant experience in finance, management consulting, corporate strategy or similar environment including FP&A; and project management experience, with a focus on advertising and/ or technology industries.
- MBA or relevant advanced degree.
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills.
- Strong problem solving ability combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate clearly and influence leadership teams.
- Demonstrated leadership, cross-functional communication and interpersonal skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.